- Liquid-cooled Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS)-equipped 125cc two-stroke engine
- High-precision Hitachi Astemo® Keihin PWK38S carburetor features throttle position sensor and 3D-map-controlled CDI unit resulting in crisp throttle response and superior rideability
- Straight intake design improves feeling of power in the low rpm range
- High performance brake setup features a rigid front caliper, large front pistons and rotors with maximized pad contact area for exceptional stopping power and feel, while maintaining a low unsprung weight
- Aluminum handlebar & titanium foot pegs
- Aggressive, modern styling
Nearly every functional part of the engine was revised in 2022
- Cylinder body, cylinder head, piston, piston pin, connecting rod, crankcase and expansion chamber, to a revised cylinder port shape and updated cylinder port timing.
Intake design allows for a straighter, more efficient draw of air into the intake tract.
Patented YPVS™ combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong mid-range and top-end.
Digital CDI system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing
- Resulting in faster, stronger response during hard acceleration
Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with blacked-out louvers to deliver an aggressive look and maximum cooling efficiency.
Close-ratio, 6-speed transmission uses optimized gear ratios.
- ratios are matched to engine output for maximum performance
- optimal hook-up for outstanding acceleration & corner-exiting power
- transmission features "involute splines" for smooth, positive shifting even under power
Yamaha's patented YPVS system.
- features a slide (guillotine) type power valve that provides the benefits of both solid, low-rpm power delivery combined with a strong top-end punch. This system varies the exhaust port height and timing based on engine rpm.
New high-precision Hitachi Astemo® Keihin PWK38S carburetor
- Features a power jet, throttle position sensor and 3D-map-controlled CDI unit for precise ignition timing.
- The result is clean, crisp throttle response, superior rideability and excellent over-rev character.
6-petal, carbon fiber reed design.
- for stronger high-rpm performance with greater over-rev capacity
Works-style clutch lever & race-spec "barrel adjuster."
- easy lever pull for on-the-fly clutch adjustments
- Race-proven, highly developed aluminum semi-double cradle frame is engineered to provide just the right amount of strength and flex for the perfect balance of stability and cornering performance.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Flat seat and narrow fuel tank design, along with smoothly integrated body panels and slimmer shroud width, combine to enable greater freedom of movement forward and back, allowing the rider to easily shift body weight for increased control and confidence.
- A lightweight braking system featuring large front pistons, rigid caliper, a 270mm front rotor with maximized pad contact area and higher friction pad material, all combining to provide exceptional braking power and feel.
- Industry-Leading KYB® Fork
- The Speed-Sensitive System 48mm inverted KYB® fork includes a leaf spring in the mid-speed valve for more precise damping and increased performance and comfort, while offering up 11.8 inches of travel.
- Advanced KYB® Shock
- Fully adjustable KYB® rear shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat™ internals, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort, and 12.4 inches of travel. It all adds up to fantastic rear wheel control and class-leading capability.
- Race-Ready Tires
- Premium Bridgestone® Battlecross X20 tires offer strong cornering grip and race-developed performance.
- Complete with an aluminum handlebar, two-position adjustable handlebar clamp, wide foot pegs, gripper seat, and an adjustable clutch lever with works-style cable adjuster.
- Slim bodywork & radiator shrouds highlight the YZ's unmatched racing pedigree.
- A bold Monster Energy®-inspired graphics package completes the factory-ride look and feel.